ads

Monday, 1 July 2013

Manchester United confirm new coaching staff as Moyes begins Old Trafford reign

Manchester United
have named Steve
Round as the club's
new assistant manger
as David Moyes
officially begins his Old
Trafford reign.
Moyes arrived at Carrington - now officially
renamed the AON Training Complex - at
08:00BST on Monday morning to start work
as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor, and the
Premier League champions have wasted little
time in announcing his backroom staff.
As well as Round, who has worked with
Moyes since 2008, Chris Woods has been
named goalkeeping coach while Jimmy
Lumsden has also been handed a role
behind the scenes.
"I have worked with Steve, Chris and Jimmy
for a number of years and I am delighted
they have decided to join me at this great
club," Moyes said.
"They bring great qualities in their respective
fields and I know that, like me, they feel that
this is a challenge to relish. I have great faith
that together, we can build upon the success
this Club has enjoyed over many years."
Chief Executive Ed Woodward, who has taken
over from David Gill, added: "I believe with
David and his new team in place, along with
our current backroom staff, we can now start
preparing for the new season ahead.
"This is an exciting and challenging time for
the club and I have great belief that David
and his team will have all the energy and
attributes needed to help this club continue
in its long-standing traditions."
United have also announced a sponsorship
deal with Thai telecommunications company
True, who will become the Red Devils' official
mobile partner and MUTV broadcaster in
Thailand.

No comments:

ads